Child Drop Off Guidelines
Download the Energy Center Parent Handbook »
- Reservations are encouraged 24 hours in advance to secure a spot for your child. Reservations can be made up to six days in advance.
- Reservations start on the hour or half hour with a 2 hour maximum visit per day. Your child must be picked up at the 2 hour time limit.
- Please contact the Energy Center at 781.337.0381 if you need to make or cancel a reservation.
- Cancellations must be made 4 hours prior to the reservation time or you will incur a $5 charge per child.
- Drop off Fees: Complimentary for members, Non members $12.00.
- Parents must sign in upon arriving at the Energy Center, and must sign out upon pickup
- If your child is 7 years old please notify us if he or she is reserved for downstairs or upstairs each time you make a reservation
- Parents must remain on the premises.
- No “sippy” cups or snacks
- The staff is not responsible for diaper changing. Parents will be called to attend to their child immediately.
- Please do not bring in toys from home.
- For health reasons, please do not bring sick children to the Energy Center.
- Children are released only to authorized parent or guardian that drops them off, unless the staff is notified ahead of time, and proper paperwork has been completed.
- Beepers are available upon your request. Beepers that are not returned will be assessed a $50.00 fee.
- The Energy Center is a drop off area for children only
NOTICE TO PARENTS
The Energy Center is an exempt organization and therefore is not subject to licensing by the Department of Early Education and Care (“EEC”). As an exempt organization, EEC requires that the Energy Center notify parents/guardians of the following:
- The Energy Center is not licensed by EEC or any other state agency.
- The drop off program allows parents to use Weymouth Club facilities while their children (ages 8 weeks to 15 years) are supervised by Energy Center staff.
- Parents/Guardians must remain on the premises the entire time their children are at the Energy Center.
- Parents may drop off and pick up a child at any time the Energy Center is open and space is available, but children are not permitted to stay longer than 2 hours
- The Energy Center is not responsible for the care or supervision of children beyond drop-off program closing time.
- While using the drop-off program, parents/guardians remain responsible for basic care of their children and must perform care as needed.
- Parents/Guardians must respond immediately to their children’s caretaking needs as they arise.
- Parents/Guardians agree that if they fail to comply with these conditions of child care, the program will not be able to provide childcare services to their child.
Hours of operation change seasonally. Please check with Energy Center front desk for updates.
Parents, please understand that we strive to provide a healthy environment for all children; do not be offended if we ask you to remove your child due to health conditions. The following list includes, but is not limited to, a list of the conditions or behaviors that precludes a child from care at the Energy Center.
- A child with a reportable illness or condition that a physician determines has not had sufficient treatment to reduce risk to others
- A child with chicken pox until the child is no longer infectious and until the lesions are crusted over
- A child who has vomited within the last 24 hours
- A child who has abnormally loose stools within the previous 24 hours (child must have not had a loose stool within the last 24 hours)
- A child who has had a contagious conjunctivitis (pink eye) or puss draining from the eye
- A child who has a bacterial infection such as strep throat or impetigo and has not completed 24 hours of antimicrobial therapy
- A child who has unexplained lethargy
- A child who has lice, ringworm, or scabies that is untreated and contagious to others
- A child who has a 99 degree Fahrenheit axially or higher temperature
- A child who has an undiagnosed rash or a rash attributable to a contagious illness or condition
- A child who has significant respiratory distress (a bad cough)
- A child who is not able to participate in Energy Center Activities within reasonable comfort
- A child who requires more care than the staff can provide without compromising the health and safety of the other children
- A child who exhibits a profusely runny nose with either green or clear mucus (if your child’s nose must be wiped more than 3 times, you will be paged and asked to take your child home)
- It may be necessary to provide a family physicians verification of wellness prior to a child being permitted into The Energy Center
- If your child exhibits any of the above symptoms, please keep him/her at home. If a child does not attend school due to illness, he/she will not be permitted to come to The Energy Center.