Active and Safe Commitment
Weymouth Club is proud to announce its participation in The Active & Safe Commitment, which reaffirms the club’s unyielding dedication to safety at a time when exercise has never been more important to the health of our members.
The Active & Safe Commitment is a worldwide initiative launched by the health and fitness industry’s trade association, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA).
By participating in the initiative, Weymouth Club joins health clubs around the globe in publicly pledging to follow industry best practices in four operational categories:
- Physical Distancing/Mitigation Measures,
- Employee/Member Safety Protocols,
- Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Disinfecting, and
- Contact Tracing.
We are making this commitment to reassure our members, local policymakers, and dedicated public health officials that we are wholly dedicated to providing a safe environment for exercise during COVID-19 and we look forward to continuing our vital role as a community partner in reducing the pandemic’s catastrophic toll on physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
General Pool Safety Precautions
Swimming and other water-related activities are excellent ways to get the physical activity and health benefits needed for a healthy life. The CDC recommends swimming as one of the safest physical activities in today’s current environment, as there is no evidence that COVID-19 can spread to people through recreational water such as pools.
In addition to the inherent safety measures swimming already presents, here are the additional safety measures Weymouth Club is taking with respect to it’s pools:
- The chlorine levels in all WC pools will be maintained at the upper end of the acceptable range as determined by the MA Department of Health
- Each of our pools are outfitted with state-of the art UV water sanitization systems. These Ultra Violet water treatment light systems sanitize our pool water in addition to chlorine.
- The turnover rate of air in our bubbles is over 20x higher than a typical building.Fresh air is drawn into the inflation system which then passes through a dedicated AirPHX sanitation unit to decontaminate the air you breathe indoors. The inflation unit provides a constant intake of fresh air 24/7.
- Sanitization stations throughout strategic areas of the pool bubble are equipped with safe, yet effective Viking Pure spray – harmless to humans – which quickly kills pathogens on surfaces.
Best-in-class safety and disinfecting procedures that no other family-focused swim facility in our area has matched. By going far above and beyond our prevalent hand sanitizer stations with safe and effective measures like the above plus ULPA Filters to aid in reducing virus spread by capturing dust, allergens, bacteria, mold, and other microscopic sized particles from the air, we are committed to you and your family’s health.
Latest Pool Hours
For the latest details on our pool hours, please see here.
Waves Swim Lessons (ages 3+)
- Click here to view our current Waves & Ripples Swim Lesson Protocols.
- Small class sizes of 9:1 in our Ripples program and 4:1 in our Splash/Waves programs will ensure that children and their parents are safe during their lessons.
- Social-distancing and safety measures in place throughout our indoor pool areas, locker rooms and club overall will help keep you comfortable and healthy.
- Masks are required from vehicle to pool and throughout the Club.
Ripples Swim Lessons (ages >3)
Face Covering Guidelines
Please remember that face coverings are required for everyone ages 2 and up. The latest research on face coverings indicates certain characteristics are required in order to be effective. Face coverings must:
Be made with at least 2 layers of material
Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
Fit snugly but comfortably against the face
Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the wearer to be hands-free
Per current State and Town Guidelines, masks are required at all times while on the tennis courts including during play. These guidelines do not include members playing singles tennis or members who are taking a 1-on-1 lesson with a Tennis Pro.
Within Weymouth Club, masks must be worn at all times by guests ages 2+ except when swimming, playing in our Energy Center (in certain cases), or playing tennis (in certain circumstances).
If you arrive at the club with a non-compliant face covering, you will be asked to replace it with a disposable mask, or leave and return with an appropriate face covering. We have implemented this to continue to ensure that we are providing the safest environment for our members.
At the Energy Center, your kids will enjoy Weymouth Club as much as you do!
Club patrons can drop off their children at our Energy Center for up to 1.5 hours while they work out! We offer safe, supervised and structured age-appropriate activities.
Drop-off child care is FREE for Weymouth Club members with a Family Membership!
For the latest details, please click here.
Masks are currently required to be worn in the fitness center at all times. This policy may change depending on forthcoming information and guidelines from the State, and will be noted on signage throughout the fitness floors.
Members must wipe down all equipment BEFORE and AFTER each use
Small equipment (bands, balls, rollers, etc.) will be cleaned regularly with our Viking Pure spray
Minimize the use of multiple pieces of equipment at once – no circuits or “supersets”
Equipment has been moved throughout the building in order to redesign the floorplan to maximize spacing.
Group exercise have resumed with an all new schedule and meet all appropriate social distancing requirements. The latest Group Ex schedules can be found here on our website.
Please note that reservations are now required for all classes. Questions about how to reserve your space in class via the app? Visit our tutorial here.
Virtual class information can be found here.
Guest Pass Policy
As we approach holiday travel season, we are writing to inform you of the guidelines we’ll follow from the state as it relates to our guest pass policy. Each individual guest will be asked a series of COVID-related questions. If your guest has recently travelled to/from any state currently considered “high risk,” they will need to have either quarantined for two weeks or produce a negative covid test in order to enter Weymouth Club.
Through both our guest pass policy and general entry into Weymouth Club throughout the upcoming holiday season, we will remain operationally vigilant. These stringent protocols will allow our facility to remain safe to visit without concern.
The lockers rooms are open with the following restrictions:
Members must wear a mask at all times and also remain socially distant at all times
Steam room and sauna are closed based on current state requirements
Showers are now open on a limited capacity for all members BUT a mask must be worn to and from the shower stalls
Amenities like hairdryer usage is not available anywhere within the club at this time
Weymouth Club Covid-19 Reservation Protocol
- Members may make reservations 48 hours in advance.
- Reservations not canceled within 3 hours of the class time will be subject to a $10 late cancellation/no-show fee.
- Guests may attend Group Exercise classes, but a reservation may only be made on the day of the class, by the sponsoring member. The sponsoring member is responsible for any applicable late/no-show fees.
- Members may make reservations 6 days in advance.
- Reservations not canceled within 6 hours of the reservation time will be subject to a $10 late cancellation/no-show fee.
- We cannot guarantee reservation switches or extensions if you arrive late.
- All lap swimming reservations are 30-minute reservations. Upon checking in at the front desk, members may request an additional 30 minutes to swim if available. Members must adhere to their specific reservation: ‘Solo’ or ‘Shared’ lane.
- Reservations for recreational swimming are in 1-hour increments. Upon checking in at the front desk, members may request an additional hour, if space is available. Members are responsible for keeping themselves and any children 6-feet apart from other swimmers. (This is not a lifeguard responsibility.)
- Reservations for the Splash Pool are in 30-minute increments with the option to book two reservations, back-to-back.
- Guests may attend the pool but a reservation may only be made on the day of the visit, by the sponsoring member. The sponsoring member is responsible for any applicable late/no-show fees.
- Reservations are required and may be made up to 6 days in advance.
- If your child is 6, please indicate if the reservation is for the Excitement area or the Attic.
- Please do not supply your child with food or drink.
- Reservations not canceled within 2 hours will be subject to a $5 late cancellation/no-show fee per child.
Everyone is required to use hand sanitizer/wash hands upon entry/exit and frequently while in the club
Members must wipe down ALL equipment, weights & lockers BEFORE & AFTER each use
Small exercise equipment (e.g. Bands, rollers, balls) are available and must be returned after use
Frequent touchpoints in the club will be sanitized several times a day by trained staff using electrostatic spraying technology and our one-step Disinfectant Viking Pure solution, proven to kill the Covid-19 virus.
- To learn more about our sanitization efforts, please click here.
University Research: Gyms Are Low Risk for COVID Transmission
Findings from the University of Oregon’s Consulting Group (OCG) demonstrates that health clubs do not pose the same risk as other venues like bars and restaurants. An analysis of Colorado data shows no statistically significant link between fitness club attendance and COVID-19 cases.
A recent study found that those individuals with unfavorable lifestyle factors such as obesity and being physically inactive were more than 4x as likely to contract COVID as their healthier counterparts.
Another study from Boston University’s school of public health has found that depression rates have tripled during COVID-19, going from around 8.5% pre-pandemic to a whopping 27.8% since the pandemic began, and through the pandemic crisis thus far.
A new study found that gyms are 500 times safer than the average public space and that gyms and other sporting venues are not major contributors to the spread of COVID-19.
Our Tennis Courts are 7,000 square feet each. Even with 4 people playing plus a pro, only 22% of the court is in use.
Per current State and Town Guidelines, masks are required at all times while on the tennis courts including during play. These guidelines DO NOT include members playing singles tennis or members who are taking a lesson with a Tennis Pro.
All travelers arriving to Massachusetts – including Massachusetts residents returning home from out-of-state travel – are instructed to self-quarantine for 14 days, and are not permitted to enter into the Weymouth Club until a 2-week self-quarantine is complete or a negative COVID-19 test is produced. This directive includes Weymouth Club members and non-members alike.
Please contact your local Health Department for additional guidelines.
Thank you for doing your part in helping us to control the spread of Covid-19.