Weymouth Club offers acupuncture with Gina Girouard and Dr. Jimmy Chung. Acupuncture has been employed as a health care modality for over 3,000 years. Practitioners of this ancient medical practice have experienced clinical success with a variety of health issues. Today, Acupuncture receives wide acceptance as a respected, valid, and effective form of health care.
Dr. Jimmy Chung, LiAc, LMT, is a licensed Acupuncturist and licensed Massage Therapist.
Originally from Vietnam, at 1 year of age, Dr. Chung, along with his family fled their home country due to oppression of the Post Vietnam War era. His great-grandfather was a highly regarded barefoot doctor in central Vietnam who treated many patients with numerous diseases well into his 80’s.
Now, Dr. Chung is on a mission to bridge the gap between four generations of Oriental medicine. Dr. Chung is a Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine licensed Acupuncturist, licensed massage therapist, certified Polarity therapist, Reiki master, teacher, and student of life. He is the founder and Chief Clinician of New England Wellness Solutions specializing in Pain Management and Oncology Acupressure.
Dr. Chung is an active Friends of South Shore Hospital member, has served on the board of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Society of Massachusetts, and is a member of Acupuncturists Without Boarders.
After completing a dual Bachelors degree at Northeastern University, he went on to secure two degrees from New England School of Acupuncture (now NESA at MCPHS); a Masters in Acupuncture and a Masters of Oriental Medicine. Dr. Chung resides on the South Shore of Boston with his wife and three children.
Learn more about Dr. Chung by visiting his website: www.jimmychungduong.com
DGina Girouard, LicAc. LMT, is a licensed Acupuncturist and licensed Massage Therapist.
Gina Girouard Lic.Ac. is a Massachusetts Board of Medicine (BORIM) licensed Acupuncture Therapist. Her past clinical experience includes providing a full range of care to patients at the MCPHS University Health Center Worcester MA, supporting independent living for adults over 55 with chronic health issues at PACE Health Center Lynn MA and educating patients on the diverse range of health benefits of Eastern Medicine in the Family Medicine Department of UMass Memorial Hospital Worcester MA. She is also the recipient of several service and leadership awards from MCPHS University.
Girouard is the founder of the non profit Eastern Medicine Responds! Inc. which provides pain and stress relief to South Shore Health hospital workers during COVID19.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a complex branch of ancient traditional medicine, but its practical principles and methods are easily understood:
- Fourteen major energy channels called meridians course through the human body including the head, arms, hands, legs, feet, torso, and internal organs.
- A subtle energy called Chi or Qi circulates via the meridians to all parts of the body, even the most remote cells.
- Chi is the vital force, the presence of which separates the living from the dead. Its balanced, unimpeded flow is critical to sound health.
- Any misdirection, blockage, or other derangement of the amount, flow, or balance of Chi may result in pain, dysfunction, and ill health.
- With Acupuncture needles, or other means, the acupuncturist stimulates certain points (acupoints) along the course of the meridians. Such stimulation helps restore the normal balance and flow of Chi so organs and bodily systems can work together in harmony as intended. This sets the stage for the body to repair itself and maintain its own health.
What are the goals of Acupuncture?
The main objectives are to relieve pain and other systems, strengthen the immune system, and balance harmonize, and integrate functions of the organs with each other, making for a unified, healthy person.
What conditions are treatable by Acupuncture?
SPECIALTY: Orthopaedic Acupuncture is offered here at the Weymouth Club
Other conditions most commonly treated are:
- Allergies, Arm and Shoulder Pain, Arthritis, Asthma
- Back Pain, Blood Pressure, Bursitis
- Circulation, Colds, Colitis,
- Depression, Disc Problems, Dizziness (Vertigo)
- Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Feet (cold), Flu
- Gall Bladder Disorders, Gas, Gynecological Dysfunctions
- Headaches, Heart Problems, Hip Pain
- Immune System Deficiency, Indigestion, Infertility, Injuries, Insomnia
- Joint Pain, Kidney Problems, Knee Pain, Let pain-cramps-tingling or numbness
- Liver Problems, Neck (stiff or painful), Nervousness
- Pain, Pre Menstrual Syndrome, Prostate Problems
- Sciatica, Shoulder Pain, Sinus Trouble, Skin problems, Sports Injuries, Stomach Problems
- Thyroid Conditions, Ulcers (stomach), Urinary Problems, Whiplash
Pricing & Availability
Dr. Chung is available by appointment only at Weymouth Club. To book your next appointment with Dr. Chung, please click here.
- $130/unit for initial evaluation and treatment
- $90/unit for follow up treatments