Red Cross Lifeguard Training Recertification
Weymouth Club is an American Red Cross (ARC) Authorized Provider of lifeguard recertification courses.
Course fee: $150 for members, $190 for non-members.
For more information or to register, please fill out our form or call (781) 682-5822.
To participate, candidates must:
- Have a current certificate in lifeguarding/first aid/CPR/AED or shallow water lifeguarding/first aid/CPR/AED.
- Be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under their armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet and retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface, and swim 20 yards on your back keeping both hands on the brick and your face above the water. Candidates may not swim the distance under water.
- Place the object on the side of the pool and exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
A resuscitation mask is required. If you do not have one, they are available for purchase at the club for $15.
Course participants must obtain their own copy of the American Red Cross Lifeguard Manual, which is available in e-book format. Participants can print it out or view it on a laptop or tablet using Weymouth Club Wi-Fi.
$150 M | $190 NM