- Ages 6m – 36m
- No previous experience required
What will my child learn in Ripples 1?
- How to swim underwater independently, back float, blow bubbles, climb out of the pool, and how to jump into the pool.
- Ages 13m – 36m
- MUST have completed a session of Ripples 1 and be promoted by the instructor into Ripples 2
- Be able to swim five-six feet underwater independently coming off the dock and going back to the dock.
What will my child learn in Ripples 2?
- How to back float independently, how to kick on their back, retrieve rings from a depth deeper than their own height and how to independently roll over to breathe.
When will the child be ready for the next level?
- When they can back float independently for ten seconds, can kick on their back for ten seconds and when they can roll over from their stomach to their back to breathe independently OR when they turn three years old, whichever comes first.
- Ages 25m – 36m
- MUST have completed a session in Ripples 1, Ripples 2 & be promoted by the instructor into Ripples 3
- Be able to independently back float, independently kick on their back and must be able to swim on their stomach and independently roll over on their back to breathe.
What will my child learn in Ripples 3?
- Develop and be able to maintain a strong prone position in the water while lengthening the arm extension of the freestyle pull. Tread water comfortably, be able to recover from turbulent water and return to the side of pool. Start the foundation of backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.
What is the next level?
- Remember your child ages out of Ripples at three years old…no worries, the next level is…
SPLASH 4 in the Waves Swim School Program. Contact the swim school admin team at WavesAdmin@WeymouthClub.com